Do you oversee user access for multiple properties? If any of your users will need access to more than one location, such as an office in New York City and an office in San Francisco, you can easily accomplish this by assigning the user multiple access privileges in your Sequr admin dashboard.
If you're adding this user to your system for the first time, you can select which locations the user will need access to when building their profile. Follow the instructions below in order to assign a new user to multiple properties.
How to Assign Multiple Locations to A New User
1) Navigate to the 'Users' section in your Sequr admin dashboard, and click the ‘+ New’ button.
2) Fill out the user's name, email address (required if user will be assigned a mobile credential), phone number (optional), and department (optional).
3) Select the location(s) that the user will be able to access, as well as the user's property access group(s). Users can be assigned to multiple access groups if necessary. The access group(s) to which the user is assigned will determine which doors the user can access, and at what times.
4) If the user will need access to more than one location, click on the '+ Add location' link to assign the user to additional properties. Be sure to select the correct access group(s) for each location if the user will have access to multiple properties.
5) Click the 'Save' button to create the user profile.
Once the user profile is created, you will be re-directed to the user profile in order to provision credentials. Any credentials issued to the user can be used by said user to gain access to all properties to which the user is assigned.
How to Assign Multiple Locations to An Existing User
If you have a user that will need access to multiple properties after their profile has already been created, no problem! You can easily edit the user's access privileges to add them to additional properties. Follow the instructions below in order to assign an existing user to multiple properties.
1) Navigate to the user's profile in your Sequr admin dashboard.
2) Once in the user's profile, under the 'Locations' section click the '+ New' button.
3) Select the additional location to which the user will need access from the drop down menu.
4) Select the user's role at the additional location. The role will be set to 'User' by default. If the user does not need admin privileges, then you will want to keep the role set as 'User.' If the user will need admin privileges, then you can select their admin tier from the 'Role' drop down menu.
5) Select the access group or groups to which the user will be assigned at the new location.
6) Click 'Save' to save this change. Once the user has been saved to multiple locations, all of their keys can then to be used to gain access to all assigned locations.
If you have any questions about adding users to multiple properties, please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.