At some point in time, you may need a new Sequr mobile key. Mobile keys can be lost for a variety of reasons, including:
- User gets a new mobile device. For security reasons, mobile keys are not transferable between phones.
- User uninstalled Sequr app from mobile device. For security reasons, Sequr mobile keys are automatically deactivated if the Sequr app is uninstalled from its mobile device.
- Factory reset performed on mobile device containing Sequr mobile key. For security reasons, Sequr mobile keys are automatically deactivated if a mobile device is wiped clean during a factory reset.
- User's mobile device is stolen. If your mobile device has been stolen, please report this to your system administrator as soon as possible, and request that they revoke your mobile key. Do this ensure that the nasty thief who stole your phone cannot gain access to your property, and get their grimy mitts all over more of your stuff!
- User's mobile device is lost. It happens, unfortunately...and it sucks. If you've lost your mobile device, please report this to your system administrator as soon as possible, and request that they revoke your lost mobile key.
- Key has been revoked from a system administrator. If a system administrator has revoked your key, it will no longer appear in your app keychain.
To ensure the safety of Sequr clients' offices and communities, Sequr is unable to issue keys directly to users without written permission from a system administrator. If you need a new mobile key, you will need to reach out to one of your office or community administrators directly to request a new one.