Sequr uses a phone's operating system and hardware components to securely transfer encrypted packets of data and unlock doors. If your phone isn’t unlocking your office door or gate, try these things:
- Did you recently get a new phone, reset your phone, or delete the Sequr app off your phone? For increased security, Sequr mobile keys are not transferable between phones and they are automatically deactivated if the Sequr app is deleted. If this is why your key is no longer working, you will need to request that your office or community administrator issue you a new mobile key.
- If you have not gotten a new phone or deleted the app, try closing and re-opening the Sequr app. Sometimes a phone’s operating system will automatically shut off an application if it is not being used often enough. Relaunch the app to see if it works.
- If relaunching the app did not resolve the issue, restart your smartphone. Once restarted, you will want to re-open your Sequr app and test it out to see if your mobile key is working.
- If restarting your phone has not resolved the problem, next check to make sure that your Bluetooth Low Energy is enabled, your location services are enabled, and that you’ve downloaded the most current Sequr app version. To check your device status, open your Sequr app, select the ‘Settings’ tab, and select “Device Status.” Additionally, you will want to make sure that Bluetooth and Location settings are enabled on your smartphone.
5. If your key is still not working, check your app’s keychain to make sure you still have a mobile key. If it says you do not have any mobile keys, request that your office or community administrator issue you a new mobile key.
If everything above fails to alleviate the problem you are facing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.